Teacher Replacement Book or “Check-Out” Parent Resource
The Secret Stories® teacher replacement book does not include the posters that come with the kit, as it is intended for replacement purposes only.
This book can also be used as a parent “check-out” resource that teachers can share with parents in conference to remediate or accelerate at home. One or more copies may be purchased for each classroom for parent access, or they can be made available in the school library or parent resource room for easy parent access and check out.
*Please note that due to the proprietary Secret Stories® images and story text contained in the book and the digital download code included on the inside cover, returns cannot be accepted.
Additional sections on:
- SCIENCE OF READING AND SCIENCE OF LEARNING: HOW THE BRAIN LEARNS TO READ, ORTHOGRAPHIC MAPPING, THE BRAIN’S “BACKDOOR” SYSTEMS FOR LEARNING (I.E. SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL FEELING-BASED NETWORKS), ETC..
- ACCELERATED MASTERY OF INDIVIDUAL LETTERS AND SOUNDS VIA MOTOR/MUSCLE MEMORY WITH THE BETTER ALPHABET™ SONG (2 WEEKS – 2 MONTHS)
- MULTI-SENSORY INSTRUCTION VIA “FEELING” (SEL) AND ACTION-BASED CUEING FOR RAPID SOUND-SKILL RETRIEVAL
- MUSICAL “SOUND-SKILL” EXERCISES TO INCREASE PHONEMIC AWARENESS AND RAPID DECODING & ENCODING AUTOMATICITY (FOR READING AND WRITING)
- DEFAULT SOUND/ “WORD DOCTOR” STRATEGIES FOR DECODING EXCEPTIONS BY IDENTIFYING “NEXT MOST LIKELY” SOUND OPTIONS (VIA CRITICAL ANALYSIS, PROBLEM SOLVING & DIAGNOSTIC THINKING)
- “TOOLS & TRICKS” OF THE TEACHING TRADE (I.E. REPRODUCIBLE SKILL-SHEETS TO ASSESS PHONICS SKILL MASTERY, “ASSESSMENT JEWELRY” & MORE)
- WRITING AS A WINDOW INTO READING
- REPRODUCIBLE SECRET SKILL PAGES FOR TRACKING PHONICS SKILL MASTERY
- CUT-APART PHONICS SOUND CARDS FOR CENTER OR SMALL GROUP REFERENCE